1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sucks To Be A Virginia Driver

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jun 23, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Well, when you're rolling in a rare 1990 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo you wanna protect your investment.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

HOLY SHIT! I just noticed the Sopranos cat is staring at Wlat's picture! Classic! :D

3. boots

boots New Member

That's why they call it THE COMMONWEALTH STATE

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That fuckin' animal is history!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I have less of a problem with the fines itself than I do with the idea that it's being used as a method for fixing Virginia's roads. Something about that does not ring well with me. Let Virginia pay for Virginia's roads, you know?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Virginia is paying for Virginia's roads, in a manner of speaking. The excess fines only go against residents of the Commonwealth.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The cat's looking at abstract shapes or something, Doc.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, that's it.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Virginia drivers aren't too bad until you venture into the 703. And once you hit the Mixing Bowl, you might as well slam a turret on top of your Accent and pray like hell you get where you're going intact.

And Ben, I've only been to Boston twice, so I'll assume you have a lot more experience in dealing with those guys than I, but my experiences with Beantown drivers conjures up the word "jihad".

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

(It was Tony's line to Paulie)

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It could have been about the coda, too.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Can't wait til someone takes off even faster than 78 when they are about to be pulled over, leading police on a high-speed chase that results in a gigantic collision, all because they want to avoid the 1K fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted