1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sucks or overplayed?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake_Taylor, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's not an 'or;' that's an 'and.'

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Then there are songs by "great" artists I'd prefer to never hear again because they're overplayed.

I'm looking at you It's Only Rock 'n Roll and Miss You. Same goes for Whole Lotta Love and Over The Hills And Far Away. Even the Beatles don't escape this ... I could go without hearing Don't Let Me Down ever again.

All decent songs (maybe not Whole Lotta Love, which is ponderous), but all run into the ground just the same.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

In re, the Eagles. They have three songs that I really, really like: Take It Easy, On the Border and Bitter Creek. The rest of their catalog? Meh.

As for the LZ song that got overplayed to point where I'd turn the station when it came on: Stairway to Heaven.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The sad part of radio the last 15-20 years is how segmented, narrow its gotten.

I know most people hate hearing anything that starts with "the 70's" but AM Radio then could have Glen Campbell, then Marvin Gaye, then Captain and Tennille, then Rupert Holmes, then Johnny Cash, the variety was unbelievable compared to today. How else could an Asian kid hum "Southern Nights" going to school? Good times.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted