1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suck it, In-N-Out, Culver's rules!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jack_Kerouac, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Where did Big Kahuna Burger come in at?

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Is In-N-Out similar in setup to a Red Robin? I always imagined them to be (in store style only) more of a fast-food place.

Clearly, I've never been to one.

And for burger joints, I'll take Hut's Hamburgers on Sixth any day of the week.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Those are known as the "Juicy Lucy" burgers, and they are made at a couple of Twin Cities places -- but I'll be damned if I can remember the names now. And that cheese can scald your tongue or roof of mouth, but well worth it.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I've never been to any of these. :'(

Hell, I may as well turn vegan.

Are Culver's and Red Robin fast food places or sit down joints?

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Red Robin is a sitdown place in the Applebee's/Ruby Tuesday/TGIF vein. A few other entrees, but mostly burgers. Unlimited steak fries is a plus, as is their freckled lemonade (strawberries).

There's a local place that does something called the Barnyard Brawl, which is a burger with fried egg, chicken tenders, bacon and cheese, with the usual fixins. Murder on your body, but worth it.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Meh. The reverence for In-N-Out is just a little ... creepy.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And In-N-Out is quickservice. Some have big sitdown areas, all have drive thrus. Five things on the menu:
    Hamburger
    Cheeseburger
    Double-Double
    Drinks
    Shakes

Here's the secret menu:

http://www.in-n-out.com/secretmenu.asp

8. Anyone ever had a Goober Burger at the Wheel-Inn in Sedalia, Mo.?

Classic burger with melted peanut butter on it. Yes, peanut butter.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Watched a guy eat one. Never tried it myself. And I believe the Wheel-Inn is (or soon will be) no more, gone to make way for the new 65-50 intersection.

10. Say it ain't so!

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Spangles? Never had a burger, but I had a gyro there. Closest I've come to puking on a road trip.

12. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

My first trip to LA included a stop at In n Out. Good stuff. Also had the better brand of beef makes a better butterburger from Culvers. Good stuff as well. Fuddruckers is good as most of the other chains mentioned on here. But nothing beats a made at home burger grilled on the grill. That's just me.

Draft saved Draft deleted