1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suck it, In-N-Out, Culver's rules!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jack_Kerouac, Sep 19, 2007.

1. cathack

cathack New Member

I grew up w/ only Red Robin's nearby and thought they were pretty good.
    Then I moved to California. I thanked God for placing an In-N-Out a 12 minute roundtrip from my shop.
    Every trip back to Cali. now, it's on the places to visit list. Can't wait until my 17-month-old is old enough to take him for his first Double-Double.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Whenever I go home, it's the first place I head to after getting off the plane. It helps there's one only a quarter mile from my parents' place.

3. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I miss going to In-N-Out. They are my all-time favorite.

As for Fatburger, one just opened about a mile from my house and boy are they good. I have to resist the urge to go in too often.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Absolutely. And now they have one in the Detroit airport.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I go to California 2-3 times a year, and I can't remember a trip that didn't include a stop at In-N-Out. It is incredible.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Mystery Meat is correct; Five Guys is better than In-'n-Out.

Best burger I've ever had was at a tavern in Minneapolis . . . west of downtown, I think, but can't recall the name . . . where they seal two burgers with cheese in the middle. It actually comes with a warning; be careful of melting cheese being too hot.

7. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Those are good burgers, Walter.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

The New Spicy Southwest SuperSonic is pretty damn good.

2 patties, pepperjack cheese, some spicy sauce, some jalapeno strips.

Bar here in town has "The Mile High Burger"

10 1/4 pound patties piled on top of each other.....you eat that and the fries in 30 minutes, it's free.

9. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Is Whataburger good anymore?

It was better than In-N-Out back in the college days.

10. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Restaurants and Institutions magazine has ranked Culver's, which is based in Prairie du Sac, number one No. 1 for burgers for 2007. The rating is based on a poll of 3,100 consumers who rate 120 chain restaurants.

Criteria included food quality, menu variety, value, service, atmosphere, cleanliness, reputation and convenience. Coming in second and third were Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, based in Greenwood Village, Co., and In-N-Out Burger, which started in Baldwin Park, Ca.

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers? The name alone scares me off.

Give me a triple cheeseburger at Steak and Shake any time.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Red Robin's A1 Peppercorn burger ... makes me overlook their horrid service.

Damn! That's a tasty burger!

12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I had the best one I ever experienced at an extrememly local chain (Wichita only, I think), called "Bionic Burger."
    Damn, those were tasty.

Draft saved Draft deleted