1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Succession thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Sep 10, 2019.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Logan got his killer.

Webster likes this.
  2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Sails out nails out bro

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

On the Ringer show, they propped the idea that Shiv and Kendall have been working together to take Logan down and put her in charge.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If you had to give one acting Emmy for the season who would it be? I think Brian Cox.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The SEC states are dreaming about this.
    Oh, Succession. Not Secession. Sorry.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finally caught up through both seasons. I think the truth is that Logan never wants to give up the company because he's already sacrificed so much for it. Naming a successor for him is more about not wanting to think about not being around anymore. If anyone is going to take the company down, it's going to be him.
    Some random thoughts: I'm guessing the world is "built out" - we're not going to find out about a never before mentioned half-sibling who enters the picture - and Conn won't ever be part of the "competition." Really surprised they didn't go deeper on Marcia this second season - she really seemed to be a force during Logan's recovery (and then nothing). Logan's recovery over the two seasons (while welcome seeing Brian Cox at full force) was not believeable. Matthew Macfayden is brilliant (and if you ever saw his work in the first seasons of MI-5/Spooks, you would already know this, but that scene on the beach, wow). I found it odd that Greg left the boat with Kendall, yet nobody on the boat seemed to think it was odd, nor was it explained - and it was crucial to the ending. And how convenient was that suicide, keeping everyone but Con from Mo's funeral (at the time I figured Con's eulogy was because he didn't know Mo at all. But then, you would think he would take the opportunity to "represent" the family by playing up Mo's work for the company. Was he that in the loop that he was aware of Mo's misdeeds? If he knew - why were so many family members planning on attending given they knew the cruise line thing was happening? Wouldn't they just stay away in any event? The "relationships" of the kids do make sense in that they are all "employees" more or less and not likely to even broach the subject of their partners to leave the family behind.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Logan has asked Greg in the past to keep on eye on Kendall and make sure he's not abusing anymore. So it's more than plausible.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The overarching theme - I believe - is what great lengths we will go to to earn the approval of Dad, even if dad is a great big colossal asshole. Which made the season finale so great - Ken finally breaks free of the need to please Logan and fucks him hard.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Unless - as some have speculated - that was the plan all along. Logan can't just step down - he needs to be taken out - and keep the family in control of the company. Whether Kendall knows this was Logan's plan, whether Logan told Greg to tell Kendall, (and why would Greg carry the damning papers with him to the Med, except to use as leverage in case Logan was going to "sprinkle" him)?
    But how convenient that the random pages Greg saved from the fire implicate Logan - unless ALL of the pages Greg stashed implicated Logan. BTW - I really thought the scene where they burned the pages was going to include a random gust that blew them all over the city. Why not just a shredder or an indoor fireplace?

Also - sure minimal human deaths, but you would think the embarassment and cost of a satellite blowing up at launch would have dropped Rome down a bit in Logan's scoreboard. And yet after the press conference scene wasn't even mentioned?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  10. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Just started watching Ripper Street, which is a good BBC procedural—with the guy who plays Tom in Succession as the virtuous, stiff-upper-lip hero police officer. Watching him in Ripper Street reveals what an incredible acting job he is doing on Succession.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

He was really good in MI5.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And in Howard's End.

Draft saved Draft deleted