1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Succession Season 4 — Spoilers Included

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Mar 26, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Happy season premiere day, to those who celebrate.

Going to go with Logan dying in episode 7 so the shitshow can play out.

2. Webster

“Life is not knights on horseback. It’s a number on a piece of paper. It’s a fight for a knife in the mud.”

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

"Everything is a market."

4. Webster

I thought that there were some outstanding lines but the episode didn’t completely work for me. Nan Pierce was even better this time though.

5. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Nan is fantastic, humblebragging about how she likes cheap wine.

I found the episode a little dull. It’s all feeling a little played out to me. I didn’t give a shit about who won the bidding war.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Funny how Roman is the ditziest but the smartest of the kids. I thought earlier on that Shiv had the stuff but she and Kendall just look like they’re spitballing stuff with no real clue.

Webster likes this.
  7. Webster

The problem sometimes with the show is that the writing seems to be targeted to the bloggers and podcasts which cackle over the insults and descriptions. But it really isn’t in service of the plot.

garrow and qtlaw like this.
  8. Webster

And I know that I’m in the minority here, but I find Jeremy Strong’s tics to be distracting and self-indulgent.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Someone speaking in short, concise sentences will be a first too. Every conversation sounds like a TV add filled with disclaimers.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    Webster likes this.
  10. Webster

It’s like the insult of the large handbag of Greg’s date. Each insult was hilarious but did we need like 20 seconds about it?

garrow likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Unpromising opener

Tighthead likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Tough crowd. Succession has a history of starting slow. I'll reserve judgement until we get to episode 3 or 4.

Also, "someone want to smell Greg's finger?"

Draft saved Draft deleted