1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Subway's Big 11 1/2 Incher

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I love Jimmy John's. The J.J. Gargantuan is the best chain sub you can get.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

His sandwich, too?

3. Difference Maker

Difference Maker New Member

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Quizno's was briefly out here in New England a couple years ago, but the two near me closed after about a year, so I get the feeling that it didn't take for whatever reason. I liked their sandwiches, but all of the really good ones were pretty much the opposite of healthy - Loved that peppercorn prime rib with cheese sandwich, but I felt like I had to hit the gym right after or I'd gain about 15 pounds.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Sudbway is the king in the Toronto area, it just barged in and blew away Mr. Sub, a Canadian chain that had been around forever and tries to sell its Canuck heritage in its ad to differentiate it from Subway even if their products are identical.

Quiznos has a few location around and had Don Cherry as a spokesman for a while but can't threaten the other two. Once saw a Blimpie's stand at the Toronto Molson Indy years ago, never seen one of its stores here.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I like Jimmy John's, but they tend to go overboard on the lettuce at times. Love the Italian with the hot peppers.

I've taken to getting the flatbread at Subway. Oh, and spinach on the sub rather than lettuce, since lettuce has zero nutritional value.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And a Diet Fresca!

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I like Jersey Mikes the best, but JJ's delivery service is often enough to trump a near toss-up.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

At any sandwich place I go to, I ask for light or no lettuce.

10. Best sub shop I like is owned by a guy who really likes teenage girls. The restaurant is full of pictures of girls eating subs. I haven't lived in there for more than 12 years, but checked out the website just now, and it has plenty of pictures of girls eating subs.

Creepy vibe, but good subs.

11. joe

joe Active Member

Famous Deli in Owensboro, KY. Owned by a Greek, fresh bread made daily, and the best toasted grinders you'll ever find. Funk the chain places.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Subway has become a bit of a bait and switch operation in the past few years. They promote that $5 footlong but have started to limit the choices of sandwich offered. They have also become very stingy with the amount of materials used.

Draft saved Draft deleted