1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Subway to begin serving pizza; Dunkin' Donuts to follow?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Apr 9, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Never use Schlotzky's and 'eat' in the same sentence.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I Know and agree. But there are plenty of idiots in New York either new to town or tourists, who will got to Olive Garden rather than any other Italian place in the city. People are idiots, which is why there's a Pizza Hut in every town that's within 30 miles of a trailer park

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

See Hardee's/Carls Jr.

They used to be a fried chicken place, now they're a psuedo-Mexican place.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Same reason ESPN produces "Original Programming." People are stoopid.

As for Subway pizza, I agree with those who immediately thought of McDonalds' giant colossal failure with its own pizza. Man, that shit SUCKED. I thought they'd completely gotten rid of it, but then again, I haven't been in a McDonalds other than at a rest stop in years. (I like Wendy's)

As for Subway pizza, if it costs $2.99 now, does that mean it'll be double that in 15-16 years? I fondly remember stopping at Subway for a Cold Cut Trio at the end of a night out in high school and paying $2.49 for it. Now it's almost six bucks. Oh the humanity.

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

The best pizza win the world is served in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. I will go to my grave defending that bold statement.

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Agreed. I've wheeled out of either a Tim Hortons drive thru or line inside three times this week because people ordering soups, sandwiches, half-calf-mocha-chocha-lattes and whatever else had stalled the line of people WAITING FOR COFFEE!!

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

BYH, do you remember when Taco Bell tacos were 29 cents?

BBAM, the Hardees/Carl Jrs in your neck of the woods sound very odd. The ones here mainly serve burgers. No tacos or nachos or burritos. Though some burgers do have jalapenos on them.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Can we then presume that your headstone will read:

"A brave, bold, crazy man
    rests here in peace -
    he never visited New York
    or even New Haven
    to eat a slice of pizza pie"

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Whatever that place in New Haven that supposedly serves the world's best pizza? SORELY overrated.

And Inky, I'll presume tacos were really cheap when Taco Bell opened in my hometown senior year. But I haven't had Taco Bell since I got what I paid for in the summer of '91, plus food poisoning.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I'll vote for Blimpie's, born in Hoboken, $2.99 for a half-sub in my high school days.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Can't speak for Carl's Jr., but before they were a fried chicken place, Hardee's was a biscuits and burgers place. Decent roast beef, as well.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Which did you visit, BYH? There are two famous places down the street from each other in New Haven - Pepe's and Sally's. They have a rivalry like the Anchor and Duff's do up in Buffalo for the wings.

Draft saved Draft deleted