1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suburban Houston School Shooting...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Donny in his element, May 18, 2018.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Also the disparity between the haves and the have nots.

Stoney likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

American boys have always loved guns. Our parents and grandparents played cowboys and Indians, war, etc. So what has changed culturally in the last 20-25 years that has made some kids think the way to make their mark on the world is to shoot up their school?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And to hell with the fire codes!

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Finally, a politician with a logical explanation.

And this, of course, explains why all those European, Canadian, Australian, Japanese and Chinese schools have no entrances and exits.

Webster likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This. It's culture shock and rage. The realization that prosperity keeps getting harder for more and more people.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

And whaddya gonna do in all those California schools with exterior classroom doors?

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Better to have one entrance because, as we've seen, some rent-a-cop will fight to the death to keep students from being trapped in a school.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't want legal gun owners to forfeit their role. I don't want their guns. I don't want crazy or under-age people to have guns. Why is this so fucking hard for the NRA to understand? And long-time sj.com members know there's no more white-guy Republican than me.

Quit bitching about your Constitutional rights. Nut-jobs shouldn't have the right to pack any kind of weapon they want. Gun laws restrictive in this regard won't take away your Uzi if you're a law-abiding citizen. Continue taking it to bed and caressing it.

Quit bitching about the media. I know about 500 people in the media on a first-name basis. Maybe 2-3 of them own guns or hunt. The media doesn't know shit about this issue.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Shockingly to some people, I'm in agreement with this guy.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yep. This argument always gets me -- my high school had no entrance or exit. Every single classroom opened to the outside. Good luck securing that.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did this guy get taken to Burger King?

Draft saved Draft deleted