1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suburban Houston School Shooting...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Donny in his element, May 18, 2018.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Lt. Governor ain't sticking with thoughts and prayers:

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

NOTHING WE CAN DO!!!

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The problem is guns, but the problem is also cultural. Americans love guns. More alarmingly, American boys love guns.

My 8-year-old comes home talking about guns and weapons, and it doesn't come from us. Boys at school talk about it constantly, often in the context of video games.

JC likes this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The rest of these countries just don't have good crisis actors.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

“The guns” facet notwithstanding, I sometimes wonder what leads to kids like this being in a sociopathic state like this.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

See? If we just sent all of our kids to military school, they'd be safer off.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Do you?

8. doctorquant

I do. Is our producing more than our share (seemingly) just because of the guns ... or are rejects among those things our society is especially good at churning out?

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Coupled in the wagering with the guy who claims the rise in ocean levels can be attributed to rocks falling into the water.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What gives you that impression?

[​IMG]

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Are we producing more than our share? Or is it just that our rejects have immensely easier access to the means to kill?

I know of no evidence proving a higher percentage of emotionally disturbed kids in the US compared to other developed countries. Whereas the easier access evidence is overwhelming and undisputable.

12. doctorquant

Right. Hence my “seemingly” ...

Draft saved Draft deleted