1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Style question not addressed in style book

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dixiehack, Mar 23, 2009.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Pledge of Allegiance. Capitalized or not?
  2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

As you typed it: Pledge of Allegiance. It's in the current edition, which I just accessed online.
  3. dixiehack

Thanks. Apparently this wasn't an issue in the 1992 edition. :D

(I have a more current book, somewhere in the same room as my sleeping child.)
  4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

You're welcome.

I have the 2007 edition in print, and I've updated the account online each year. Sadly, I see no reason to renew it when it expires later this year.
  5. dixiehack

The cover of my '92 edition proudly boasts that it is "Used by more than 1,000,000 journalists." I shudder to think what that number is down to now.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The online edition is great.
    Not only do they update it regularly and you get e-mails about it, there's also a great Q-and-A with the editor for anything that might come up and he can give you guidance on.

Yes, I still use it because I've got a part-time side editing job that I've had for a couple of years. Unfortunately, my Rocky account was cut off four days after the paper shut down (same as AP Exchange, which I used a lot). I bought a subscription to the stylebook (can write it off). Can't do the same for AP Exchange.
  7. jlee

jlee Active Member

I wonder when they changed it to "1 million."
  8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Style book" or "stylebook"? :)
  9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Does the current edition have the phrase, "under God" removed? 8)
Draft saved Draft deleted