1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuxnet: Computer Worm Targets Iran Nuke Plant?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Sep 27, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not an expert on the subject by any means, but if we (or the Israelis or the Brits) were able to target Iran's nuclear plant, it seems like a stroke of genius to me.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I blame Bushehr

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"I gave it a cold."

[​IMG]

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Give 'em a big jug of HiberNol

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Great, this means we're just a few steps away from the Geek Squad going nuclear.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

HHGregg will not let that happen.

7. YankeeFan

Was it the Israeli's or did someone try to frame them:

8. YankeeFan

Some more information on what's a pretty cool story:

9. YankeeFan

The New York Times on Stuxnet:

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I love it, but I wish both the Americans and Israelis would keep their mouths completely shut about it instead of the "wink-wink, nod-nod" we're not doing it, but we are doing it routine.

Who do they think they're fooling?

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The perception that you can do something is almost as important as the ability to actually do it. Maybe we want to leave this impression, not only with Iran but the remaining point on the axis of evil, North Korea, as well as Venezuela, China and Russia.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't know about talking about it off the record and then wink winking, as Bubbler, put it. But one of the things I always admired about the Israelis (and there are so many things I detest), is that they have the best secret/covert/sabotage operations in the world, and then their way of handling the aftermath is to neither confirm or deny, or even talk about it. Just do the wink wink, nod nod. So there is no doubt they were the ones, but its just untraceable and so much about their means is left in a shadowy abyss. It's why I was so surprised when the Mosad screwed up that assassination in Dubai and left their finger prints all over it (and video of the perps). It was so uncharacteristic of them, and made me wonder if they had lost a bit off their fastball. If they were able to use intelligence to get enough info about the Iranian processing plants, then reproduce them, and then design and test computer worms that could render the centrifuges bad, they definitely recapture some of their aura (which to me extends only about to the mossad and its abilities; not to a lot of other dumbass things they do to incite even more discontent from the Palestinians and ensure the hostilities continue).

Draft saved Draft deleted