1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupid use of new technology

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Andy _ Kent, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

So is this the direction we're headed?

http://blogs.pioneerlocal.com/thenewspeg/2009/03/sleep_goes_viral.html

IMO, the jackoff who shot the video, posted it and then threw gasoline on the fire looks a whole lot worst than the subject of the video.

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Re: The future looks bright ... NOT

Oh. I see.
    The future really isn't bright, but you made our eyes peruse four words... and then the elliptical banality.

3. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Re: The future looks bright ... NOT

So fish, you needed me to tell you the future isn't bright? I guess I should have put the title in blue font.

There, I changed the title. Is that better?

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Well, Jesus H. Christ.
    With all the facebooking, twittering, BLOGS!!, video, audio, podcasts, plus writing the print edition, plus worrying if you're going to have a job tomorrow or your pay slashed....

When does a guy get a chance to sleep!?!

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Reporters falling asleep at board meetings? This isn't a new thing.

6. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

No mustang, it is not, but another reporter videotaping it and then posting it on his official blog at his paper and then circulating it on YouTube? Well, that's a little shady, dont' you think?

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah, bad form, I agree.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

It's a dick thing to do, no doubt.

9. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Thing is, this has nothing to do with a horrible economy reducing us to attacking each other. It's just weak.

All I can say is you'd have to live in a pretty big glass house to tape a sleeping competitor, then post it for public consumption. That guy better walk a very straight path of perfect behavior, if only for karma's sake ...

10. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Well said media. You can bet his competitor will be salivating over his next (I'd say first but this guy sounds like he's slipped up in the past somewhere along the line) fuck up and then he'll pounce.

11. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

One of the greatest stories at my old paper involved a radio reporter whose well-timed snore cut a city council meeting short by at least two hours, making him a hero.

Draft saved Draft deleted