1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupid question -- French blue shirts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, May 22, 2012.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This is where clods like me say: What's a 3/2 sack suit?

And I know Italian suits are considered the height of fashion, but what sets them apart from, say, British and American?

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Sack suits have no darts on the front and shoulders with little to no padding. A 3/2 means three buttons, but the lapel roll makes the top button unusable. But there are two-button sacks as well -- the keys are natural shoulders, no darts.

For me the shoulders are key. I would no more pad my shoulders than I would stuff a banana down my swimsuit trunks.

I know the Italian and British suits (and for that matter, Canadian suits) are nice and perhaps more flattering to the body, but I am an American, so I wear American suits. I am not a peacock -- I want something understated.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've suits and jackets that are euro-tailored. It's just not my preference in the long.
    I just prefer the look and fit of the sack cut.

Draft saved Draft deleted