1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupid question, but ... Why such hatred for Toby Keith?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Oct 30, 2006.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

See now that's understandable. But does he not have the right to sing about or speak how he feels. I mean what, are we all of the Peter Jennings philosophy that just because a song doesn't represent everyone that it shouldn't be valued as what a certain person feels?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Really?

3. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Um, what exactly is a legit reason to you? That we don't enjoy his music or his excessive swagger and oversimplification of political issues didn't cut it, so what are you looking for? I hate the chord he used to open "I Wanna Talk About Me"?

4. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Of course he has the right to sing about how he feels. As the Dixie Chicks are likewise seeing, that doesn't give him the right to have everyone enjoy it.

5. RedSmithClone

Again, voting for Clinton and Al Gore is sure sucking at the belt buckle of Republicans everywhere isn't it.
    So if you actually believe that the War on Terror is our generation's biggest challenge, and you decide to vote differently because of what you consider the most important issue of our day - despite the fact that you are a Democrat - you are a worthless human being?
    Poor Joe Lieberman - a 98 percent liberal voter who gets shunned by his own party because he has supported the War.

Now as far as the musical stylings, I agree. His older stuff was much better. Too many country singers are going for the cross over.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Yep, this is getting fun.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I liked "I Wanna Be a Cowboy," but other than that I can't stand his music. It's just '80s-era hair metal with a twang and a steel guitar. Yeech.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thought this was pretty legit. Maybe you missed it the first time.

Seems to me like you sure have a lot of interest in passive aggressively stoking the lefties here. Troll-like tendencies, I'd even say.

9. RedSmithClone

Who is this Troll? I must speak with him/her. LOL

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Troll: Any person who doesn't toe the the SportsJournalists.com party line. :)

SC, what are you gonna do when TK teams up with Tom Keifer for a duet?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not at all. You come on here to passively-aggressively rankle people, you're a troll no matter what side of the aisle you fall on.

And I'm not SC, but having heard the reviews of Cinderella's concerts this summer, I don't think we have to worry about the voice-ravaged Tom Keifer dueting with ANYONE ever again.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

What about simple aggresive rankling?

Draft saved Draft deleted