1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupid question, but ... Why such hatred for Toby Keith?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Oct 30, 2006.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

It never fails.

I read a thread bashing JCM's Chevy truck ad and somehow Toby Keith gets bashed.

I read political threads and somehow Keith is linked to George W. Bush and WMDs.

I read a board about ABC primetime TV and Keith is lambasted.

I read about women's hygene product and Keith is the reason none of them work.

Ahhh you all get the picture. It's like the old blame anything on George W. Bush philosophy. The only thing I don't understand is that the majority or you, my fellow talented and humorous SportsJournalists.comers, are bashing one of your own.

Is it simply because you don't care for country music? Or is it because a man who was a registered Democrat since the day he could vote, and actually voted for Clinton twice and Al Gore, suddenly did a Joe Lieberman and followed his beliefs that fighting the War on Terror was a major concern to him.

I'm just confused I guess, as to why the Dems love to beat up on each other when they don't just toe the party line on every thing? Then again, maybe you didn't know he was one of your own in the first place.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Cause he advocates beer for his horses.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

This should be fun.

4. sucks

5. RedSmithClone

That's why I posted it. So have at it boys and girls.

6. Maybe because some people know that blind faith in bad leaders isn't patriotism?

7. Stupid

Stupid Member

Because he's a huge pussy. Anyone asshole can drink whiskey but apparently Toby turns into a mewling vagina when Willie asked him on his bus to get stoned.

A big feller what cuts his shirtsleeves off n' drives a big ol' truck art to be able to handle a littler wacky terbacky.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Maybe because Keith claims to be a Democrat, but sucks off the Republican platform?

Plus he represents the worst part of country music, overly poppy, twangy crap. That's just me though.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cause he's a fucking idiot hick who panders to the LCD and thinks if you're against the war you're with Hussein?

And his music sucks.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Much better.

11. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

If I'm looking for a musician's feelings with regards to 9/11, my artistic tastes lean more to Springsteen's "The Rising" album then "We'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American Way". Blustering redneck posture doesn't do much for me.

Beyond that, if you watch the tape of USC's beatdown of Oklahoma you'll notice that the second they finish their interview with Keith ("Boomer Sooner!") is when the game falls apart for the Sooners. It's almost like a higher power said "Oh, that guy's one of yours? Hey, while we're on the subject of boots in asses, here you go!"

12. RedSmithClone

LMAO ... This is great. Still haven't heard any real solid answers.

I figured a group as intelligent as this could muster up more than name calling tactics to express their hatred.

Maybe some legit reasons?

Draft saved Draft deleted