1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

stupid freaking quark question

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by uconn98, Sep 29, 2007.

1. uconn98

uconn98 New Member

I opened up Quark Express at work and my tools palate is horizontal, instead of vertical, like it usually is. And I can't figure out why it's like this. And I can't figure out how to change it. And it's pissing me off.

Anyone know how to fix this? It'd be greatly appreciated, AND you'd be secure in the knowledge that the rest of my pagination night will go along swimmingly.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd give my right nut to be able to use Quark instead of this crapola Alfa system.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

The title of this thread is ambiguous. Is the question stupid or is quark stupid?

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I've never seen that happen.

I don't see anything in preferences that would let you change that.

5. uconn98

uconn98 New Member

Earlier, it was the former; now, it is the latter.

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Nah, I knew what you meant. I was just being an ass. I wish I could help. There was a time when I knew the answer, but we made the switch to InDesign two years ago.

7. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I believe the feature is only on PC-based versions of Quark. Hold down the control (ctrl) button and double-click on the part of the toolbar that's not a button (the "window border" which is right below the "X"). You can alternate between horizontal and vertical that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted