1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

stupid facts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wedgewood, Jul 8, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well maybe...or I was a little gassy, dunno.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Beano.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No, I'm not in television, or involved in college football coverage.

4. boots

boots New Member

Most boogers are green with a tinge of yellow.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Bob Dylan went to a 1960s Simon and Garfunkel show while rip-roaring high. Dylan and his buddy were so fucking toasted that they were laughing throughout the show. It was a small venue, Simon noticed and got pissed off. After the show, Simon told others he thought Dylan was mocking him. Dylan felt bad about the incident and later mended fences by covering "The Boxer" on "Self-Portrait."

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

My nose makes its own bubble gum!

7. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

If your nose went on strike, would you picket?

8. writing irish

My grandaddy told me never to cross a picket line.

In other stupid music facts news, Malcolm McLaren found Johnny Rotten because the young yobbo, known then as John Lydon, was wearing a homemade "I Hate Pink Floyd" t-shirt. "There's me lad," thought McLaren.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Commissioner Kuhn wasn't in attendance when Aaron hit his record-breaking home run.

That's what makes this story about Selig and Bonds a JOKE.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My favorite fact about Texas: El Paso is closer to San Diego than it is to Houston.

Something I have yet to confirm, but would be an interesting fact: There is only one true lake in Texas, the rest are resevoirs or aren't big enough to be considered lakes.

12. writing irish

That's true; Caddo Lake (which extends to the Louisiana border) is the only true lake in Texas. It's beautiful, too...cypress trees and hanging moss...very Southern Gothic.

Draft saved Draft deleted