1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

STUNNER: Pluto leaving ABJ for PD

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shallow_gal, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

What Calvin said...

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No, you said they are two out of touch old white men, so they should be demoted. Of course, nothing but the white part of that sentence is true.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Excellent post. Dead. On. Nails.

So to sum up your argument, Scoop, am I to infer you don't read white columnists? That only columnists of color speak to you?

You lead a pathetic existence.

4. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Sorry to say I told you so, 20, but everyone at the ABJ knew this was coming. As for Reed, why stick your head back in the noose that tried to drop the floor on you twice before, and at a paper half the size? Unless Tom hates it at the Dispatch, it makes no sense.

5. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

Tim,

There was at least one more error should caught. You, disappoint me? Having this much fun should bee against the law:

6. Tim Sullivan

Tim Sullivan Member

OK, Scoop. You're right. You make more mistakes than I have time to fix. But your biggest mistake is cowardice. If you won't identify yourself by name and affiliation, I will conclude that you are as gutless as you are pernicious. All I've seen from you so far is a prejudiced illiterate who takes shots at people who stand behind what they write by name; people who can write entire sentences without stumbling.

Show me something, Scoop. That is, of course, assuming you know how to spell your own name.

7. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Give the rah-rah, I-post-under-my-own-name-you-coward bullshit a rest, old man. Your indignation got tiresome when you came on here to defend Ed Graney at the Las Vegas Review-Journal. I'll admit he hasn't failed, but I'm still waiting for him to find his legs. Quite average. And keep the cap on your red pen; I realize I don't have a subject in the last sentence (the finger wagging over grammar and spelling on a message board, by the way, is incredibly impressive, a real legacy-cementer).

While I'm a fan of your work in San Diego and wished I'd read your stuff before you came out West, your boy Livingston sucks balls. I've been following Brady Quinn, so I've been reading Livingston a lot the past few months. His column off the QB situation after the first preseason game was paragraph after paragraph of play-by-play. That was one of Livingston's better efforts I've seen; he actually produced one good line. Livingston might have been good once, but he blows now.

8. 20questions

20questions Guest

No problem admitting when I'm wrong, Buck.

9. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

Tim,

The next time I see you in a press box, I will gladly stop by and introduce myself. Trust me, I'm no coward. You'll see at some point this season. It looks like I will be coming to San Diego during the football season. Bring your depends, buddy!

10. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Way to stay classy, troll.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

In other words, I will stalk you. Could always reveal yourself in a PM at the very least. But now, cowardice reigns.

12. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

It is a little surprising that the new editor of the Plain Dealer, who was the self-described champion of diversity when she was here on the West Coast, would add add a sports columnist and still have an all-white, all-male lineup.

It was a good move to hire Pluto, but surprising.

Draft saved Draft deleted