1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stunner. Britney loses custody of the kids.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Oct 1, 2007.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

and yet three-fourths of the guys on this site would still fall all over themselves to hit it.

2. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Update: TMZ.com says Britney lost custody because she didn't do anything the judge told her to do -- meet with a drug counselor, submit to drug testing, enroll in parenting classes, sign his order.
    How fucking dumb or screwed up do you have to be not to do a damn thing a judge tells you to do? And how fucking dumb and screwed up are the people around you when they don't force you to do shit like that? How do you enable someone to the point where they ignore a judge?
    She is done. Done. Finished. Over. The next story we hear about her will include the phrase "Her body was found...."

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

How do you have children and NOT care about them that much to avoid simple instructions from the judge?

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Never has the phrase "lesser of two evils" been more apropos. Yeesh.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

How long before a Britney thread starts with RIP?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Actually, she has no one around her. She cut the mother off and recently, her management fired her and her divorce attorney quit. They're fed up also.

7. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

It was going to be a close call between losing custody of the kids and losing the kids, period.

Giving custody to Ex-Fed was the better thing to do. Not necessarily right, just better.

8. boots

boots New Member

Generally speaking, it takes a lot for a judge to separate a child from its mother. They don't like doing that at all. This is very sad. You have to feel for the kids.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The amount you know about this case frightens me. I hope it's your wife/daughter's fault.

Britney has not business having those boys. She's not sober. People do crazy-ass shit when they're drugging. That her family and closest advisors have decided to cut her off is very telling about how bad her addiction is.

Maybe losing custody of her kids will be enough of a slap in the face to make her realize she needs to get shit under control, but I somehow doubt it. I expect they'll find her dead on Lindsey Lohan's couch of a heroin (or whatever her drug of choice is) overdose within a year or so.

K-Fed's not the best dad. We know that. He essentially abandoned Shar Jackson (?) when she was close to full-term with their second child, but he's a vastly better parent than Brit right now.

That she chose to perform instead of attending the birthday party doesn't bother me. Sometimes parents have to work instead of attend their kids parties. Doesn't raise an eyebrow if the parents need aren't rich and famous, but Brit can't even figure out how to work a fucking car seat properly.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Given this update, I have to say the judge is seriously derelict in his duties, by not specifying the kids were to be turned over to Protective Services within 90 minutes of banging his gavel on the desk.

At this point, it's not a publicity stunt any more. Allowing two toddlers to remain in the care of a person who not only does not fulfill the terms of a parenting order by the court, but makes no attempt to do so, is putting the lives of the kids in direct danger. The judge becomes an enabler by not ordering the immediate turnover of the kids.

11. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Another update from TMZ: She gave her children to KFed today and she was photographed hitting the town tonight. That's one seriously fucked up chick. Those two children don't have a chance...

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wonder what she'll pay in child support?

Draft saved Draft deleted