1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff white people like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

The BLOG! in question is hilarious. I think y'all are crazy if you disagree.

I mean, the stand mixer IS the holy grail of kitchen gadgets.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Gifted Children and Assists are by far the two best on that site.

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

This isn't a social commentary it's a funny site. It picks on a certain segment of the white population, the very one you so clearly illustrated. The fact that he went with "stuff white people like" is probably because upper middle class urban liberals isn't as catchy. I'm white, though not really in that demo, and some of the stuff rings true and plenty of other things I can see in people I know.

My suggestion for an entry: trivia night at a bar. At least where I'm at that's a huge thing with the white folk.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

assists ... that was rich.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You think a black person has ever said the words "Mega-dittos, Rush" before?

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

White people like outrageous book deals. Site signed for deal worth $350,000.

http://gawker.com/370412/stuff-white-people-like-ridiculous-book-deals

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Seriously!?! $350k for that!?!

Then a collection of the "Best of SportsJournalists.com" has to be worth at least $500,000.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have Asian ex-girlfriend and a current Hispanic girlfriend who like David Sedaris.
    What's really funny is the link to David Sedaris ring tones.
    David Sedaris ring tones?
    Really?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I slogged through that rubbish earlier today and it remains -- yeah -- full of shit, unfunny and lame.

And needlessly divisive, like most shock "blog entries."

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

why do you hate white american, lee?

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I might add that I am completely certain why Jay is so intimidated by big, bad Hartsfield-Jackson.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

OK, "awareness" is funny. Don't care about its white-ness or not. That's always been a pet peeve of mine, at least in terms of the language.

"We're raising money for 'insert horrific malady here' awareness."
    "I'm aware of it. Take my $20 and give it straight to a scientist for a cure, please. Keep the car ribbon."

Draft saved Draft deleted