1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff I Like - product reviews

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Driftwood, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Dr Pepper in a glass bottle is damn good. Been forever since I've seen it, and even though I don't drink caffeine anymore, I made an exception this time. Totally worth it.

heyabbott, FileNotFound and qtlaw like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I bought a Hecho en Mexico Coca-Cola in a glass bottle a couple of weeks ago on a whim. It was so, so good.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It's a regional drink, but those who know ... they know.
    qwusffegy1r11.jpg

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Here’s a Thanksgiving one: Pepperidge Farms stuffing.

25B26ADD-80B9-48E1-8BC5-AE035736DE68.png
    Making dressing from scratch is a giant hassle, so I buy this and sauté onions and celery in butter and add chicken stock, like it says on the bag. Good every time and folks seem to like it because it quickly disappears.

I make it as dressing, not stuffing, because I don’t jam it into the dead bird. It’s basically canvas for a good gravy, anyway.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I’ve been wearing Exoffico boxer briefs for a year now. I have a long walk from the train to the office (~30 minutes) and I sweat from all pores. The Exofficos stay dry much better than my standards. Will try the brand y’all suggested though.

I also have a Rowenta iron that apparently is the second coming, but I still haven’t used it.

6. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

+1 for Exofficio. They make good clothing as does Columbia for the money. Great value. Also have found selection and quality vastly improved at Eddie Bauer.
    I posted this somewhere else but I would by anything made by Yamaha, and I’ve owned a lot of their stuff, stereos, guitars, motorcycles. If they made cars I’d buy one! Their musical instruments alone are known as a gold standard. They make snowmobiles, too, and I know I’m forgetting other products.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wife got a Rowenta earlier this year and its fantastic.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This stuff is spectacular.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Make cranberry sauce from scratch. It’s crazy easy and crazy good.

lakefront likes this.
  10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

One pound cranberries, five pounds sugar, add some type of gelatin, and blend. If it still tastes like crap, add more sugar.

I hate cranberries.

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

That’s a joke right?

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

You added some lemon juice in place of one fewer cup of sugar? You still ended up eating cranberries, which suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted