1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff I Like - product reviews

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Driftwood, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I've thought about getting hubby some of these. Are they worth it? Why do guys like them?

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

They are definitely worth it on sale. I don't pay the regular price.

[​IMG]

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was going to post this on the Larry King thread.

Greek yogurt is the perfect way to start your day. Gets the digestion going. It's tasty and doesn't make you too full.

qtlaw likes this.
  4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What he said - they're always on sale. And hard to explain other than they're just very, very comfortable.

Mngwa and wicked like this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If you're looking for some food storage bins, these look like they pass the test:

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Duluth has a new(er?) line of britches, Armachillo, that are even better than the Buck Nakeds.

I sweat a lot. These things take care of it. I think it's insane to pay $28 for a pair, so I've bought selectively.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Big sale on drawers at Duluth... like 50 percent off and free shipping sale.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Bingo.
    I used to think that a doughnut was breakfast; either that or sausage and eggs. Ignorant.

A couple years ago, cleared that up with Cream of Wheat (MWF) and then yogurt (Th/Thur/Sat) (Sun is a wildcard) I feel so much better in the AM and my body is better too.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If you ever want to improve any shoe get GOOD INSERTS! I bought some ECCO insoles for $40 and they make my Jordan’s feel like Scandinavian works of art.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Speaking of shoes, I was skeptical how well they would work, but those Dr. Scholls inserts for plantar fasciitis worked exactly as advertised. Not only relieved the pain while walking/running, but gave it a chance to heal.

sgreenwell and qtlaw like this.
  11. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

I’ll stand while I work when I figure out how to take a nap while doing it.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So I've been a "member" of Harry's and Dollar Shave Club since they started - I liked the introductory offer and enjoy shaving. Neither knocked my socks off with the shave they provided but I got tired of regularly having to buy entire new kits when blades were discontinued or changed. So I've kept both memberships and feel the price provides value. But DSC changed their blades - the cartridges are little wider and thinner, but I can feel it dragging across my face. It's really weird. I realize Unilever bought DSC a few years back, but if this was an improvement - they need to go back to the drawing board. Checked some on-line reviews - and most people agree that the previous blades they sent were better. Anyone else have any thoughts on shaving?
    Also - both Harry's and DSC obviously try and make the money back on the other stuff they market - a can of Edge gel is better and cheaper than anything they offer.

Draft saved Draft deleted