1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff I Like - product reviews

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Driftwood, Nov 17, 2019.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I absolutely swear by my standing desk. "Why?" asks chair people like you. Well, because SITTING IS THE NUMBER ONE KILLER IN AMERICA!

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I, too, love my standing desk and laugh at the plebs who sit all day.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

My Fitbit crapped the bed this week after three years, which I guess is a lot longer than most last. Does anyone have a recommendation on something that might be made a little better? If I spend $150 or $200, I want something that lasts.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

@wicked, I got a Garmin Vivoactive 3 for Christmas. It's $187 now on Garmin.com. Tracks steps, sleep, active minutes, heart rate and with the GPS I can use that instead of my phone to track my running and cycling and upload them to Strava.

wicked and misterbc like this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Same. Love my Garmin Vivo!

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Off recent subject, but certainly a thread topic:
    I got an email from Duluth yesterday that Buck Naked boxers were super duper on sale turned up to 11.
    The only problem was the "sale" items were size Hobbit Extra Small and 4X Canopy.
    That sucks.

maumann likes this.
  7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

4X seems like a reasonable goal during the lockdown. Is there an ice cream store near enough to deliver cartons of that sweet, fatty stuff before it melts into soup?

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Duluth Trading has some of their underwear on closeout. $7.99 to $11.99 if you are the right size or don't care about the pattern.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Pretty much everybody I've ever bought anything from (and several I haven't) have sent Labor Day sale emails:
    Duluth, Columbia, LL Bean, RTIC, Calcutta, Academy Sports, Bass Pro.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, the ONE pair in my size I already have. Their plain Buck Naked boxers are at a great price - but only in small.

I bought their dang soft briefs to wear when I walk, they're on sale, too. Dang, they're soft.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I got introduced to Native sunglasses about 15 years ago and I've been with them ever since. Just bought my third pair a couple weeks back and digging them. The frames are plastic but not flimsy, and they offer a pretty good fit. Oh yeah, they have a partial lifetime warranty, so if you're a dumbass and break 'em (me) send them $30 and they'll replace them. I like how they have the small vents on top, which helps with preventing fogging (especially while wearing a mask).

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Weighted blankets are awesome.

Red Cross blood donation app will keep your card, set an appointment, tell you if you have COVID antibodies or not and tell you where your blood is and how it was used. Crazy cool app.

Draft saved Draft deleted