1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff from the attic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Apr 8, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Got the ultimatum from the parents on a recent visit to the hometown, take my childhood crapola home with me or it gets tossed. So what did I come home with?, a shoebox full of early 1980s baseball cards, a Phillies hat in the old-timer style popularized by the Pirates, Oakland Invaders and Washington Federals hats from the USFL, some plastic MLB batting helmets popular back in the day, a batch of Sports Collector cards (similar to those 5" x 8" recipe cards) with info on various sports, some of those tiny football and batting helmets you could get from those red gumball type machines and the creme de la creme, all of the NFL pennants from the 1970s.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

TTIUWOP

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I forgot to include the "vintage" Pittsburgh Steelers HelmetHat, with the logo just on the one side.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh God, that haul sounds awesome.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

[​IMG]

(You know there's an old Playboy in there, too, with a big-bush centerfold).

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy crap, did that make me laugh.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice ....

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

My mom still had my collection of the helmets they used to give you at Dairy Queen. They used to serve the sundaes in them if I remember correctly.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You are correct, sir.

Draft saved Draft deleted