1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Study links being 'born again' with brain atrophy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You've done it before. :D

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I must be missing something.

You're not usually a complainer. What's going on?

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Do us all a favor and take the broad-brush stupidity to hannity.com or rush limbaugh 24/7 or whatever online service Glenn Beck is pimping these days.

The overwhelming majority of Democrats and Republicans in this country are Christian.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

This bugged the shit out of me:

It's fucking bullshit. And incredibly insulting. I am a Democrat. I'm also a former Catholic and current Methodist. I don't hate religion.

It used to be I'd tell him to go fuck himself, we'd have a flame war, the thread would be locked, we'd share a conciliatory PM or two and things would move on. But now I can't tell him to go fuck himself. So I'm at least going to do something, which in this case is complain about his post.

5. YankeeFan

My reading of his post would be that all of SportsJournalists.com's religion haters are Dems, not that all of SportsJournalists.com's Dems are religion haters.

And, while you might argue that, there's a difference, and my reading isn't nearly as offensive. If you aren't in the group, no reason to take offense.

If you think he's wrong say so.

6. YankeeFan

And, there you go!

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I was looking for a smaller stupidity brush -- like the kind you use to get those hard-to-reach corners just right -- but all I could find was a roller, so forgive me if I splattered any stupid paint on your shoes.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There isn't a "trick." We ask people not to intentionally be assholes on here. Some people get it; have no problem posting to a message board without bile and hatred or it being a constant source of drama in their lives. Some don't. We intervene when we really have to.

If you are hell bent on posting things designed to start shit, you might consider it "the trick." But really, aside from just being annoying, what it does is reflect on you.

I am not sure why would anyone be concerned with finding "the trick" to being a jerk on a message board.

This is place is supposed to be interesting and enjoyable and stimulating and witty. At least that is how I view it.

With that, can we please just get off the political party stuff? Just stop, please. This thread is going to inflame passions because of whatit is. I can lock it now, but maybe there is some discussion here that might interest someone.

9. YankeeFan

Well, that doesn't sound like much of an apology!

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

"If you aren't in the group, no reason to take offense."

So if I insult Republican journalists, you'll stay out of it?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm sorry you feel that way.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Good luck finding one. (How was that for an insult?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.