1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

study: global warming not worsening hurricanes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, May 18, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How does that suck for me, or anyone? Are you ever not a douchebag?

2. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Hmm, perhaps I haven't been clear in the message I've been delivering today.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, I don't need to ask what it is.

I know what it is: A fraud perpetrated on the world by the left's agenda-driven "science" division. Thirty years ago it was global cooling. Now it's global warming. And now that the data shows that the temps have actually not increased for about the last seven years it's "global climate change."

Meanwhile, we're coming off one of the harshest winters in history and it's been followed up by a cooler-than-normal spring. And the 30-day outlook calls for more of the same. If "global warming" was real, cooling trends would be days long, not months and years long.

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Well, let another hurricane that is considered by many to be a "non-catastrophic hurricane" come and destroy the things that I hold dear and then pick this thread back up. Blame it on global warming, or don't blame it on global warming. I doesn't really matter why they happen. They happen and they aren't pretty when they do.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sorry, Webby. And tony, you should know I was just ribbing on you. I have no doubt that you know what it is.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I know, Doc. I was ribbing back.

NHNF. :) :)

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

With all the quick backpedaling Webby's new mandate is gonna cause, NFL teams seeking depth at cornerback may find some hidden gems here.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Tony actually is a friend of mine, but don't let that take anything away from your clever observation.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

you have friends? :)

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hard as that may be to believe, dickhead, it's true. :)

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I would hijack this thread and make passive-aggressive swipes at you, but I'm paying attention to the rules now. :)

12. Lots of caveats at the bottom of that story.
    And, if I can be so bold, the phrase, "A fraud perpetrated on the world by the left's agenda-driven "science" division" may be the most fact-free phrase in the history of the board.

Draft saved Draft deleted