1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

study: 1 in 12 legally drunk when leaving MLB or NFL game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, May 24, 2011.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

My thought exactly. I expected it to be somewhere around 1 in 5.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Ocifer, Ocifer ... they're not as think as you drunk they are ...

3. DK

DK Member

In Green Bay try about 8 out of 12 ... anyone with any common sense stays the hell off the roads around Green Bay after a home game for about four hours.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Well if it's legal, what's the fucking problem? 'Leave my friend alone, officer; he's legally drunk,'" - George Carlin

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

That study would have been titled "1 in 12 serial killers legally drunk when leaving MLB or NFL game."

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

fixed.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Divide 1 by 12, you get 0.08...

Kind of funny.

10. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Horrid study that any sociologist would laugh at. You are asking people to freely take a breathalyzer. People who are really gone aren't going to trust anything resembling a breathalyzer. Plus, less than 400 fans at not even half the stadiums is such a small, small sample size. 400 for one game, at one stadium is a tiny sample size.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Should give the cops a good idea, though. Pose as researches and then arrest the ones that blow over.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If it is less than 35 percent I'd be shocked. If you ask what the percentage of adults that were legally drunk, I'd bet it is over 50 percent. Remember legally drunk and shitfaced are 2 different things.

Draft saved Draft deleted