1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Studio 60

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Aug 10, 2006.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I watched the pilot for this last night (thanks Netflix). Very typical Sorkin product. The dialogue seemed a little jerky but it looked like it will be a permanent feature on my DVR this season.

Also, Sorkin kind of faces his demons through one of the characters.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's Sorkin, so I know I'll be watching.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

When does it actually premiere? I will TiVo it.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I believe it said Sept. 10, but check your local listings for time and channel.

My daughter watched it with me and asked me about the "Network" references (of which there were many). Looks like that's next on the Netflix list.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Can someone give the lowdown on the plot of this series? I don't watch network TV, so they could put on all new episodes of the original Star Trek and I'd never know it.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Basically, the captain, the doctor, the guy with funny ears and a couple guys in red shirts beam down to a planet. The guys in red shirts get killed. The captain gets in some trouble that involves him taking off his shirt. The doctor does something crazy. The guy with the funny ears gets them out of trouble, then they kill the bad guys and go back to the ship.

As for Studio 60, the SNL-like show is going through a rough patch. The producer wigs out and makes a statement on the air, so he gets fired. Then they bring in two guys who used to work for the show to straighten it out. To help them, they have a hot-looking new network pres.

7. Mutah

Mutah Member

Jealosy, here, OTD. Pure jealosy.
    I'd kill to be able to watch the pilot today.
    From the snippets I've seen, it looks like something that I'll dig. And it's Sorkin, so you know it'll be good. I'm just floored by the cast. Whitford, Perry, Peat (sp?), Weber, et al. Wow.
    From what I've seen of Perry's clips from S60, it looks like he's going to really soar in this show.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

If you want to read an early draft of the pilot script to feed your Sorkin jones, here she be.

http://www.geocities.com/seekergurl/studio60.html

9. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I'm all over this. Can't wait.

10. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Seriously, I live a sad, sad life. I don't have cable TV. I don't even have the little rabbit ears for my TV so I can watch the networks. The only time I watch TV is if I'm in a bar and a game is on, or if I'm at my dad's house for dinner.

But I'm going to get the dang rabbit ears before Sept. 10. I won't miss a Sorkin show after becoming a West Wing addict.

11. hawker14

hawker14 Member

welcome to 1957.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey SCeditor, have you heard of this new-fangled thing called Beta? It allows you to play MOVIES at HOME!!! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted