1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Studio 60 lives for at least the rest of the year

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Nov 9, 2006.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

From an NBC release:

NBC has renewed its critically acclaimed, first-year drama "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (Mondays, 10-11 p.m. ET) for the remainder of the 2006-07 season, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President, NBC Entertainment.

"I am pleased to show our support for this outstanding and ambitious effort from executive producers Aaron Sorkin and Thomas Schlamme," said Reilly. "From the start, they have delivered the superb show that we wanted. The critical support has been rock-solid and there is a passionate core audience. We can't wait for what's going to come in the remainder of the season."

"Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" is averaging a 4.0 rating, 9 share in adults 18-49 and 9.8 million viewers overall (through November 6) and has increased its rating week-to-week in 18-49 with each of its last two telecasts. "Studio 60" has consistently delivered some of the highest audience concentrations among all primetime network series in such key upscale categories as adults 18-49 living in homes with $75,000-plus and $100,000-plus incomes and in homes where the head of household has four or more years of college.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Excellent news. Now I can catch up on what I've missed without worrying it's for naught.

3. This is great news. Show rocks.

4. old_tony

My sentiment exactly. I have about three in my Tivo tuner and wasn't sure I wanted to catch up if it was going away.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

NBC didn't do it (or us) any favors with the uncertain scheduling the last few weeks. One week I'd read the show was being pre-empted for Friday Night Lights...except it wasn't. Fortunately, you can catch every episode on nbc.com.

I'm surprised to hear you like this show, Old tony. It's pretty left-leaning. ;)

6. old_tony

Entertainment is entertainment. And it is fiction, which is the only way to make lefties look good (sorry, that was just a gratuitous joke because you guys expect me to make comments like that) <:0 )

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Y'all come join the S60 fanboy looser discussion thread...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/31989/

Draft saved Draft deleted