1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Studio 60 and the NOLA Jazz Band

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Dec 13, 2006.

1. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

This may be d_b'ing things a bit, but the Times-Picayune had an interesting story about the show and the jazz players who played the song a week ago.

http://www.nola.com/living/t-p/index.ssf?/base/living-7/1165993242127930.xml&coll=1

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Sorry if I've already said this, but that performance brought me to tears in a way few Christmas songs can.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Sorry if I've already said THIS, but I was really surprised at the number of people who claimed to have cried -- actually cried -- at that scene.

I mean, it was good and all, but did it really reduce that many people to tears? I guess I'm not as tender-hearted as I thought.

4. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

What can I say? Not as macho as I let on.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It's not bad, but it didn't get dusty in here for me. Of course, invoking New Orleans is going to evoke a lot of emotion still -- if this was a quintet from Dubuque, Iowa, I don't know if it would have resonated half as much.

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I took a week off a couple weeks ago and went to NOLA for a couple nights. Stayed at a great B&B on Magazine that cost only $75/night. We were there Thursday and Friday night, so we went to Vaughan's in the Bywater to catch Kermit Ruffins. He plays there every Thursday night when he's not on the road, and I wouldn't have been disappointed if he had been even as much as I enjoy him. Trombone Shorty is usually the fill-in, so it would have been great either way. Nothing beats great music and a big pot of red beans at midnight.

Draft saved Draft deleted