1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Student punished for saying, "bless you," to sneeze

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 4, 2014.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You aren't very smart. Your responses are nonsensical most of the time.

I wonder if you realize that.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Trying to learn from you. Your bs and know-it-all responses teach me and others. Wonder if you realize that.

3. RickStain

It's like a little kid seeing his dad use a power tool and trying it for himself. I'm sorry I don't have the power to take it away from you before you hurt yourself.

Everyone lies. Everyone "is a liar." Such a distinction is meaningless.

4. cjericho

Thanks for clearing that up Rick. I thought when you said '2% chance the teacher said that' you meant the girl is a compulsive liar.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I remember the dark days before the Internet, when this wouldn't be a news story.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'll go ahead and say I'm 98 percent certain the girl is lying.

7. RickStain

I meant that when given the odds that either a teacher said something that only the villain in a Kurt Cameron movie would say, or a teenage kid lied to spin their dickery that they got in trouble for, I'm giving 49-1 on the latter.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm going to withhold judgement until we know if this kid had a juvenile record.

9. cjericho

I question both sides. Have quite a few teacher friends. None that teach above 3rd grade have a 'list of words not to use in the classroom.' Yes, maybe that is a lie also. Hard to prove unless the teacher posted something in writing.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

History has shown that 98% of all butthurt emails and FB posts claiming holy-roller Christians are being relentlessly persecuted for minor trivial religious expressions in the legal territory of the United States are complete fucking bullshit.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what being Christian has to do with it.

You don't believe this kid, but you do believe the kid who says he was just walking home until a cop started harassing him and his friend, and then shot his friend in cold blood, for no reason at all?

12. RickStain

American Christian culture has a massive persecution complex.

Nope, don't believe that either.

Draft saved Draft deleted