1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuart Scott to undergo chemo treatments....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Backyardigan, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Get it done. There are few things so deeply humbling, but it's for your own good.

2. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

the TV show Men of a Certain age just had an episode about it. Got me thinking I really need to have it done, but it is humbling.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's not as bad as people think it is. And it's a very good thing to have done, most especially if it runs in your family as it does in mine. Colon cancer is very slow-growing, so if something is in there, they can get it early.

If it's got you thinking of doing it ... make a freakin' appointment first thing Monday and get it done.

4. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

The worst part is the prep. You can make lots of jokes about it, but when the doctor walked into the room and told me "I didn't find anything. You're good for 10 years," it's a pretty damn good feeling.

5. Not a fan of his act (and neither is David Stern, which is why you see a lot of Hannah Storm), but I hate cancer with a passion.

Get well, soon, Stewie. The majority of us may not like your routine, but I do hope you live a long, prosperous life of Boo-Yahs.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Best wishes, Mr. Scott.

Get well soon.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I got the five-year clearance. The prep is annoying, yes, but there are worse things to have done.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Prep wasn't so bad - I got through a Spenser mystery and the "drink" was only slightly nasty. I got the five-year clearance, too.

9. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

This.

I had one done a few years ago. They found some polyps, so I get the recheck every three years for the rest of my days ... And since I have a family history of prostate cancer, I got to start THOSE fun checkups at 35.

But it's all better than the alternative.

10. maberger

maberger Member

do it.

colon cancer killed my father at 70 after 13 years of fighting. i'm 50, and have already had 3 colonoscopies, with the first at 39.

maybe a will safe fall on my head and kill me, but i'll be goddamned if i'll let the cancer get me first.

Draft saved Draft deleted