1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuart Scott to undergo chemo treatments....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Backyardigan, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Stuart has gone out of his way to do good things for a charity I'm involved with. I'm so sorry to hear this news and hope he has a speedy recovery. I know he has young daughters and I'm sure this is a scary time for them, too.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've known the guy for over a decade and I don't have a single nice thing to say about him...

That said, I hope he gets well soon...

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Oh, I think most picked up on it just fine and were ignoring it because of the level of asshole-ness it shows. I was trying to just ignore it.

Boom's post on the previous page says it best. Why not just wish the guy well? Love him, hate him, love his act, hate his act, does any of that shit matter?

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I wished the guy a recovery, and all of a sudden I'm an asshole. Whatever, Moddy.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A. It's not all of a sudden.
    B. You took a cheap shot at the guy. Plain and simple. You were going for a laugh at a cancer patient's expense. Weak, weak, weak.
    Whatever.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

I really would like to see DocTalk weigh in on the malignant appendix.
    How many have heard of that happening?

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't think Doc will be around much the next couple weeks.

I've never heard of it happening, and I hope Stu recovers and is back annoying me on ESPN for decades to come.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what he said.

9. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

This is cropping up again... Get well

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2011/01/28/scott_stuart-2/

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

My mom had colon cancer nearly 30 years ago, the same cancer that killed her mother and, I think, everyone in her mother's family. She hasn't had a hint of cancer since. So recoveries can happen.

And, if you're over 50, get the colonoscopy done. Get over yourself, tell all the inappropriate ass jokes you want, and get it done.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. My mom had it and has been free and clear for nearly 15 years.

And the rule of thumb if you've had a parent who got it: Get a colonoscopy 10 years earlier than when the parent got it.

My mom got it at 49, so at 39 I had a colonoscopy done.

Agree with crusoes: Just get it done.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My grandfather died of it at 70 and would have had a really good chance to beat it if he'd been checked.

I'm 37 and I'm thinking of getting checked.

Draft saved Draft deleted