1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuart Scott to undergo chemo treatments....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Backyardigan, Dec 20, 2007.

1. He's still planning to do NBA stuff. He's not a board favorite (or mine either), but I wish him well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3163058

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Active Member

I hope all goes well with him health-wise. But you know what: I never even knew he hadn't been on the air for about a month. It's probably because he does a lot of NBA and NFL, two sports I don't follow much on my own time.

<a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3163058#">Oh, please. He has an audio message to viewers about his health. It's a nice message, then he ruins it at the end by letting out a Boo-yah!</a>

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, they've had quite a bad run at the WWL between Dickie V, Sean Salisbury's skin cancer and now this.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Don't like DJ Stewie but I hope all goes well with this.

5. I hope Stewy lives a long, happy life and never appears on TV again.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

That explains being off for a long time after an appendectomy.
    Must be near or in his colon for it ro be near his appendix, no?

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Active Member

As long as they keep him on NBA and NFL shows and off SportsCenter, I'm happy.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I've been as big a critic of Scott as anyone, but I also wouldn't wish chemo on anyone.

Some things are more important than whether I enjoy someone on TV or not. Good luck Stu, I hope your recovery goes well.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Wow. That really sucks. It's hard to tell for certain from the story, but was he basically lucky to have an emergency appendectomy, because they wouldn't have discovered the cancer otherwise? In any case, that just really sucks. I hope things go well and relatively easily for him.

10. sounds like things could have been even worse for him so glad things are working out--best of luck to Scott...

11. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Let's see how positive you'll be when you start your chemo- treatements.[\b]

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Active Member

Huh? From your reply you would think I minimized his plight or even made fun of it. If commenting on the Boo-yah did that for you, then I beg to differ.

Draft saved Draft deleted