1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stu Scott has cancer

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 14, 2013.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

So, because I am not on national TV, I can't say that a TV broadcaster sucks? Get over yourself. I have never liked his schtick, and there are a ton of others who feel the same way. It's the same for a lot of anchors, but Stu's brash style rubs people the wrong way. I actually think he is very good when he isn't resorting to boo-yah! and similar phrases and just discussing sports or interviewing someone. And like I said, I really think he comes across as a good guy and I hope he can beat this.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I would say that Stu is not as criticized as much as in the late-90's. He countered that by, for each line of schtick, packing in facts or stats. By 2001 or 2002, an army of Stu copycats were everywhere, not like the Olbermann/Patrick copycats of 1998 or the rogue Kilborn copycats of that era (of which I was a charter member).

The guy has cancer and kids. A horrific battle ahead.

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Sure you can say it. But it just makes you an asshole.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

5. joe

joe Active Member

Jesus, Xan, you make it sound like they used a rusty hacksaw blade. Which is kinda funny and scary at the same time.

Anyway, I hope Stu recovers and becomes cancer-free.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They actually started cutting into me before the anesthesia took full effect. I let out this grunt and heard, faintly, "Sorry, Xan." That was fun.

Hurry back, Stu!

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Your doctor calls you "Xan"?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When he wasn't calling me Joey.

Draft saved Draft deleted