1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stu Scott has cancer

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Per his Twitter feed ...

Not a fan of his TV schtick, but I hope things go well for him.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I hope he beats it, but what's really bothering me is that avatar, Evil. WTF is that?

3. I like to think it's Care Bear seconds after Sonner has pushed her over the edge. :D

Seriously, I have no idea. I found it in the Balog of the Internet.. And like that Kramer painting it fascinates me.

4. Stu has fought through so much already with Cancer, and it's pretty clear he is a tough dude . . . fighting through how much criticism he gets to continue to do his job his way. I'm not a fan of his delivery, but he has my respect and prayers. Go get 'em Stu.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Yeah, I've been tough on Stu and his schtick but we get humbling news like this all the time.
    Too often we are haters.
    Good luck, Stu ... beat this.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Stu is a good guy and understands a lot of people have little use for his style.

Watching him on SC right now and he is absolutely dialed in. Perhaps this is therapeutic for him. I say that, as a TV guy many levels below Stu, that we often use our jobs to block out the horrible elements in our lives.

Nothing makes us all feel better than kicking serious ass on a show. :)

Go get C and take it down, Stu.

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Never hated on Stu. No reason to. Seems like a great guy that enjoys what he does. Hope he kicks cancer's butt, again.

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

Damn, so sorry to learn this.

Go kick its ass, Stu!

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

When he missed Monday Night Football for a couple weeks in December, this is just what I feared.
    Get out the whuppin' stick, young fella.

10. Walt_Disney

Walt_Disney Guest

Someone needs a trip to Disneyland.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Keep Pounding, Stu ...

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Isn't this his third diagnosis? That's usually a really bad sign.

Not a fan of his work, but I really hope he beats this.

Draft saved Draft deleted