1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stripper Pole Sold Separately!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Sep 22, 2007.

1. So, the little one's birthday is coming up and the wife was looking at toys. She found this, a Barbie replica of Cher's "If I could turn back time video" ...

[​IMG]

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5707013

That's exactly what I want my daughter playing with. ::)

Still, that doesn't make me nearly as sick as the $35 pricetag.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. This just in, Barbie's a ho ...

Here's s'more:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. hey. my brother is gay, so f you

4. Huh?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Just because she dresses like one, doesn't mean she is one.

:)

7. Nah, she's a complete sex toy.

8. I saw this at Fry's a few weeks ago:

[​IMG]

9. Apparently this trend is older than my daughter ...

From a 2002 WaPo article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A20520-2002Dec21&notFound=true

... Mattel plans a February launch for its sixth "limited edition" Lingerie Barbie, promising she'll be "simply sassy in a short pearl-grey satin slip trimmed in black lace" and "thigh-high stockings" that "add a hint of flair."

A middle school principal in New Hampshire first alerted me to Bimbo, uh, Lingerie Barbie (nickname courtesy of a seventh-grade boy who wanted to know, "What's next? 'Playboy Barbie'?"). I've been actively assessing the Lingerie Barbie gasp factor for several weeks now. It's huge. Teachers and parents (even among Barbie fans) can't believe their ears when they hear about this one: Disgusting! How dare they! Don't they have little girls of their own? Where will it all end? Enough!!

Many teens I know, and even younger children, have been equally outraged. High school students at one all-girls school in Tennessee where I recently spoke were moved to start a national letter-writing campaign to chastise Mattel for this brazen sexualization of children.

And girls I know are neither the slightest bit reassured nor deterred by the company's "for age 14 and up" disclaimer. "Get real," said one. "No 14-year-old girl would be caught dead playing with a Barbie Doll, 'lingerie' or otherwise. Who do they think they're kidding?" Said another: "Yeah, right. Maybe they mean 14-year-old boys."

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Speaking of those. I always wondered what were my parents thinking when they got this for me:
    [​IMG]

11. Something you could snuggle with in your crib?

12. One of the funniest things I've ever read was the customer reviews of a Harry Potter Quiditch Broom toy on amazon.com. Here's a link to a site that has the page archived [amazon.com no longer sells the toy]: http://www.alanhendrick.com/details/Nimbus2000.html

Draft saved Draft deleted