1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stringer/freelancer for Indiana University sports - writing, photo & video skill

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by sm72, Sep 29, 2010.

1. sm72

sm72 Member

My name is Sean Morrison, and I am a junior at Indiana University-Bloomington. I have worked at IU's student paper, the Indiana Daily Student, for more than three years. During that time, I have covered four beats for the paper and have served as sports editor for two semesters.

When it comes to IU sports, I have a wide base of knowledge, be it water polo, field hockey, football or men's basketball.

I have written about nearly every sport at IU in some capacity in the past, and several of my stories on IU sports have been in the running for national awards (example: http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=73282). I have also worked as a multimedia editor for the IDS and have experience in photography, with my own equipment for both.

Because of my rapport with the IU Athletics Department, its athletics director Fred Glass and media relations director J.D. Campbell, I can get credentialed for most events if given information ahead of time.

If you are at all interested in my work or want to know more, feel free to e-mail me or call me. My contact information is listed below. More clips, including photos and videos, are available upon request.

Sincerely,

Sean Morrison
    E-mail: sm72@indiana.edu
    Cell: 708.426.8018

Draft saved Draft deleted