1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stringer available for South Florida sports events

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by andykent, Apr 2, 2007.

1. andykent

andykent Member

Now that I've got my feet firmly planted back on the East Coast of the Sunshine State, I wanted to jump on the freelancer board and announce that I'm available to cover any and all sporting events in the South Florida area. I have more than 13 years of experience as a writer and sports editor in the newspaper business, all right here in Florida, so my network of contacts and leads spreads far and wide. Hockey was my forte the past eight seasons, but I've covered four Super Bowls, one Players Championship, the most recent Florida Derby, spring training with the Minnesota Twins for six springs, boxing, tennis, college football, etc. The best way to reach me is via e-mail at akent22@comcast.net. Thanks very much.

P.S. In the interest of time, I'll be at this Sunday's Miami Heat-Charlotte Bobcats game helping out the AP, so if any Charlotte area papers need any coverage I'll already be on site. Of course the Marlins will be rather easy for me to get to as well, and Miami Hurricanes spring football is underway, so anyone looking for player features on local kids playing for Miami, let me know.

2. andykent

andykent Member

Bump for this weekend's Heat-Bobcats game.

3. andykent

andykent Member

Since I'm new at this, I guess I should have added that you can PM me on here as well.

Thanks

4. andykent

andykent Member

Another bump for anyone looking for help during the Heat-Bulls playoff series. I'm available for Game 4 and Game 6 (if necessary), as well as for any off day stories.

5. andykent

andykent Member

... and one more bump for this weekend's NFL Draft.

6. andykent

andykent Member

... bump just for the sake of bumping

7. andykent

andykent Member

Ah, the dry season is here. So I thought another bump for any papers with teams heading to play the Marlins might be appropriate. ;D

8. andykent

andykent Member

Bumping just to get under adkinsjm's skin ... and for the Indians-Marlins (June 12-14), Twins-Marlins (June 22), Pirates-Marlins (June 26-28) and Braves-Marlins (June 29-July 1). ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted