1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stringer available for Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, NC region

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by xpukguy, Apr 18, 2008.

1. xpukguy

xpukguy New Member

Are you looking for someone to cover events in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, NC area? Perhaps you'd like a localized story from North Carolina State University, the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill or Duke University? Even Meredith, Peace or Shaw? Is your pro team playing the Carolina Hurricanes, Carolina Mudcats or Durham Bulls?

Then I'm the man you're looking for. I have more than 20 years of newspaper sports writing experience as a reporter/columnist/sports editor covering everything from the NHL to college sports to high schools. Currently I work as a stringer for the Associated Press and have covered events locally for The Boston Globe and have had work published in the Chicago Sun-Times and newspapers in Indiana (covering IU in the NCAA men's tournament in Raleigh).

I'd be happy to send you clips and my resume if you are interested in hiring me. I can also send you references as well.

Thank you for considering me. I can be reached at:

Jerry Higgins
    3516 Tunas Street
    Raleigh, NC 27616
    (919) 306-0291
    xpukguy@yahoo.com

Draft saved Draft deleted