1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strike a pose: Charles Woodson named AP NFL Defensive POY

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jan 12, 2010.

1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Oh, and I just checked and saw that the Packers play the Jets next year. You can bet this will be on a Green Bay bulletin board.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Actually McCarthy would have thrown the red flag and challenged Revis winning the award.

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I'm surprised he didn't throw the flag and challenge Woodson winning the award.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You can also bet Greg Jennings will be lucky to catch two passes.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Ryan is a world-class douche, just like his father.

6. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Won't matter unless Revis covers four of the Packers WRs who are all decent or better, and Finley too.

7. zagoshe

"The number that interests me is eight, and no, not the number of touchdown passes Green Bay gave up against Arizona, but the number of touchdown passes we gave up all year and the number one reason for that is Darrelle Revis....."

You have to admit, that shit was pretty funny and sports would be really, really boring without a few characters like Rex Ryan to stir the pot.

8. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Funny, yes, but it would be a lot funnier and wouldn't bother me at all if it came from a player. Not the coach, who is very old, very fat and supposed to set a standard of behavior for the whole organization. My memory isn't that good, but I can't remember the last time I saw an NFL coach take a blatant, low-blow shot a team he didn't even play against, simply because a player on said team won an award over his guy. Woodson and the Packers didn't do anything to deserve that kind of comment.

An interesting number for Rex would be 0 - the number of teams that laid down for Green Bay to get them into the playoffs. One fewer than the number that did that for his Jets, who shouldn't be there and won't be after this weekend.

It struck me as kind of strange that he is this invested in DPOY (I read he was cursing a storm when he got the news and told Revis) when the Jets are still playing.

9. zagoshe

Actually the story goes that two teams laid down for the Jets to get into the playoffs (Colts then Bengals). But I really think you need to relax - Rex Ryan is a blowhard but he's at least a breath of fresh air from the "we need to execute, run the football, win the kicking game, play good on special teams and win the battle for turnovers" drivel that we get from most other guys every single day.

10. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I don't know if I can say the Bengals laid down because they didn't look much better the next week.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Except for Benson, the Bengals played their starters in the first half of Week 17 and were down 27-0. The Jets got a break from Indy, but they are a better team than Cincy, and they proved it. I doubt they beat San Diego, which I think is the best team in the NFL, but the Jets deserve to be in the playoffs.

12. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Indy plays their starters and the Jets are 8-8. Texans make the playoffs. So, I hold that the Jets shouldn't be there. I would have rather watched the Texans, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted