1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Strictly Platonic'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

And if they do, join in.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The issue there is trusting the woman, not her friends.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Bless you. :D

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Let's switch this around. If a woman meets a guy who has more girlfriends than guy friends, how many red flags go up? I'm guessing quite a few.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Probably that he's gay.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think it would depend. Lots of female friends normally either means gay, a guy who's not assertive and therefore everything ends up in the friend zone, or a manwhore who just classifies everyone he's ever been with as a friend.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat with Headbutt. One of my best friends is female, and though she's beautiful, there's no attraction there. Simple enough as that she's not my type physically. I'm 5-11. She's 6-1 and I've never dated anyone taller than me in my life and I don't particularly find myself attracted to tall women. (Actually, it's uncanny. Nearly every woman I've ever dated has been between 5-3 and 5-5.)

Love her to death though. We're sounding boards for each other when it comes to relationships, and I can pretty confidently say that she's never been into me physically, and I'm never been into her in that way. We've known each other 5-plus years now, so I doubt that aspect will ever change, though we have entered into the Seinfeld agreement that we'll get married in five years if we're both still single, just to get the gifts. :)

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Because women generally assume, with good reason, that we are all dogs and that we want to have sex with eery woman we meet.

I keep going back to my own example. Mrs. OOP's closest friends her entire life have been guys. Most of my closest friends when I met her were women. She was jealous of every single one of them until she met them and saw me interact with them. Then she was fine.

Actually, she kind of "stole" one of them. They used to hang out without me all the time until my friend moved out of state. The only friend of mine she really had a problem with was a guy. Man, she hates him. He and I fell out of touch years ago and she STILL hates him.

Draft saved Draft deleted