1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stretched-thin folk: How do you deal with no overtime?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by schiezainc, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Great job Rhody, you might remind all the newspeople and higher ups why you can't stick around and help out.

2. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have it handled Fredrick, but yes, it all about asking management which they want...updated websites or scaled back coverage...only so many hours to go around. Luckily, my editor and publisher is receptive to that...we've chosen updated websites, while sacrificing a coverage, which amounts to basically losing a game a week and some tidbits that we use to find time for.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I always used to love watching the newsroom people freaking out over having to change around things due to breaking news. I'd tell them that we did that every night.

And I'd remind the bigwig of this day when he claims that you have time to post things on the web with all of your other stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted