1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stress relief

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jay Sherman, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Boognish

Boognish Member

Makes sense to me. Letting the small stuff fall to the side isn't natural for everyone, for most it has to be learned. It gets easier, too, like you said. Finding something that you do for yourself that makes you happy and relaxed can be just as hard for people who, often without knowing it, do almost everything for reasons other than to please themselves - for others, to satisfy a stadium of invisible judges. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You have a new mantra. Repeat to people who bring their problems to you until they get the point.

"Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

get drunk
    get stoned
    get laid

With the right chick, all three at once.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Crank up some kick-ass Eagles tunes on the stereo.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

I lift weights. By the end of an hour, I'm too tired to think about everything.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Jay,

Google this: FM 3-04.301

It's the Army's medical manual for aviators, and contains an entire chapter on stress. Even though it's written in Army medical speak, it's quite interesting and will help you. Seriously.

Chapter 3 is the one on stress.

Draft saved Draft deleted