1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strawberry Cheesecake Shake -- new at Sonic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I can only hope! An old alumni group is selling tickets for $25. If I didn't have to work I'd so be there. I used to love seeing how Phillip Rivers could blow a 4th quarter lead. ;D

Of course, to win Maryland would have to score. And they ain't exactly Ron Jeremy, more like Flying Headbutt in that department if you know what I mean.

2. Stupid

Stupid Member

You wouldn't say that had you worked at one as I did the original Ham's on Friendly in G-boro when in college.

And Coldstone is gross. I prefer my ice cream to not to be smeared around and breathed on before handed back to me as a gooey mess. give me a pint of Ben & Jerry's any day.

the best thing about Sonic is that it is virtually the only place around where I live that does malted shakes.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Oh boy ... just remember you said it, not me.

I'm not working that weekend, either, but I've got a prior commitment.

And while Philip Rivers didn't beat Maryland, the Terps were one of the few he didn't get. He's kinda gotten better. Just ask the Steelers fans and all the other naysayers that had the Chargers buried this year.

4. Sam Mills 51

I hear you, stupid. I worked in food service for more than two years. It's more than health reasons why I rarely eat fries these days. My Ham's experiences came at the "other" G-boro in the state ... can't speak for or against Greensboro's.

5. Flying Headbutt

To be clear, Maryland is the ONLY ACC team he didn't beat. Ever. Fucking choke artist. Nobody talked more shit with about 7:00 left in the game than he did though. Nobody.

6. Sam Mills 51

About the last thing I associated with Philip Rivers is trash talker. What had him foaming at the mouth when you saw him?

7. Stupid

Stupid Member

Back then, if something got made by mistake, it would sit there until someone ordered it and then it would go out. I saw stuff going out that had been sitting there for 20-30 minutes.

Plus, that building was a grease pit with walls. I'm sure the new Ham's are fairly nice but that old one on Friendly seemed to be held together by grease and that stupid train track.

8. Sam Mills 51

Ewww ... yeah, I can understand how your impression of the chain is different from mine.

The one in my town was clean and the train wasn't that integrated to the building ... though I imagine the staff wanted the button to blow the whistle disconnected.

9. Flying Headbutt

I know his last three years he was running his mouth late in the game when State would have a lead, only to blow it. His soph year, at home, he was taunting, until they went 3-and-out with 2 minutes left and Maryland down four. Terps won with about :19 seconds or so left to go to the Orange Bowl.

His junior year, he taunted the MD bench and the fans behind them at Byrd Stadium. I was standing right at about the 40 yard line, after a BS TD call put them up big. Terps came back to win, eventually getting a game winning FG from Novak .

His senior year, this time TA McClendon was the goat fumbling the ball with a one-point lead and two minutes left. That after MD missed an EXP to keep State in the lead. Terps drove down and Novak again kicked a game winner with a few seconds left to spark a dramatic comeback win. I did numerous shots of goldschlager that night at the bar during the game to celebrate a huge comeback. Rivers, again, was talking shit to the sidelines with a few minutes left.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe next month, at Sonic. FOr you.
    Watch and see the commercials. If one catches your eye showing the interior of the minivan in flames, it's OPA time...

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Giant Eagle? Is that what you dudes are talking about?

12. Sam Mills 51

Well, that's news to me. But I'll take your word for it.

Another ACC player who might have had some people fooled, and one who talked excessive crap? Marion Jones. I went to the women's Atlantic Coast Conference basketball tournament when I was in school (band thing ... the access to things and the whole atmosphere was cool, certainly better than the men, who were cementing their reputation by losing on Thursday nights in the Les Robinson Invitational).

Anyway, Charlotte Smith was getting things done on the floor. Marion was there running her mouth the whole time ... and I mean stuff not fit for the family hour. It's a big reason I grew to dislike her, and a catalyst explaining why I disliked her long before she emerged as a world-class track athlete.

Draft saved Draft deleted