1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Strauss)-KAAAAAAAAAHN!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by UPChip, May 14, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Setup all the way. She thought she was on the trail (and the schlong) of your regular rich guy who would pay $2M to stay out of trouble. What she didn't know was this rich guy was also world-famous, powerful and a cinch for international headlines, and that destroyed her plan.

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Might be. If so, I think it was her deal all the way, not some master plan devised by Sarkozy to take down a rival.

It's still possible that he did attack her, and she decided that justice combined with payoff would be sweeter than justice alone.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yikes. The flood gates are opening:

4. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Too bad for DSK it's a holiday weekend. Those charges are gone.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/dominique-strauss-kahn/8616545/Dominique-Strauss-Kahn-facing-second-sex-charge.html

Tristane Banon, a 32-year-old journalist and writer, will file for charges on Tuesday over an alleged attack in a Paris apartment in 2003 during which she claims Strauss-Khan tried to unhook her bra and open her jeans. Her lawyer, David Koubbi said the complaint would reach the Paris prosecutor’s office by Wednesday.

The announcement came just days after it emerged that the sexual assault case by an American hotel chambermaid against the former International Monetary Fund chief was close to collapse. Strauss Khan was freed from his strict bail terms by a New York court on Friday amid doubts over the alleged victim’s credibility.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sounds like DSK was wise to stay stateside in this development.

No idea what the statute of limitations is in Froggieland, but I like our standards for proof over whatever the hell they have in the land of SECAM television.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Statute of limitations is 10 years, apparently, for attempted rape. He's threatened to countersue for defamation. I'm sure he'll end up paying her to be quiet.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm shocked that "a source close to the defense" would leak this. Pretty weak sauce by the NYP to put this on the cover without anything besides this "source".

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Post has doubled down on it.

They've actually said she was turning tricks at the hotel the DA was putting her up at after all of this.

The Times today too seems to confirm she was turning tricks.

It's pretty bizarre to me. I thought it sounded crazy too when the Post printed it, especially with so little evidence.

And, I've stayed at a lot of nice hotels and have never, ever assumed a maid would be doubling as a pro. Never been propositioned. Never got any kind of vibe that it was on the menu.

I mean, does this kind of thing really happen?

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

At this point this this thread is no good without pictures. How many days before The Post pops up her photo? I say within 3 days.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not at the Fairfield Inn.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Greg Maddox Dad would say yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted