1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strasburg scratched because he couldn't "get loose" - UPDATED, NEEDS TJ

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He rose from the operating table after three days 12-18 months to pay for the sins of suffering Nats fans.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Sorry, but the Nats aren't beyond salvation. That's hyperbole or gross ignorance. If the Rays can turn things around on the field, any team can. I can pretty much guarantee that fans would flock to a Nats game if it was a winning team.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

From the six of us currently on the bandwagon, we thank you Stitch.

The "nobody cares" line follows all the downtrodden teams. It is cliche as well as stupid but what the hell can we really say at this point.

When this team wins (please let me still be alive for just one season of it), the bandwagon will be overflowing and most of those on there will be the "nobody cares, team has no hope" assholes.

We'll make sure they get the shitty seats and pay triple for them. As my t-shirt says, "Hey Nats, I Loved You When You Sucked."

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Do the Lerners care? I don't put it past them to tank next year and bank on Strasburg and Harper in 2012.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who knows? Being an owner is interesting. You're a meddler if you are too involved and you don't care if you stay in the background. I really don't know where they fit in but they need to do something to show they're trying to make progress -- and not tread water -- until Jee-SUS returns. If they don't, they'll draw about 28 people next year.

And I know this much about the Lerners: They care about their wallets.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow. Did you throw your shoulder out with that reach?

One situation has nothing to do without the other. So, do you have some post predicting Strasburg's injury that you can show us? They were protective of the kid. He got hurt anyway. That doesn't have any impact on how badly the Yankees have handled Chamberlain. (I think they have handled Hughes just fine.)

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I love all the "bright side" sports columns that get written when something utterly terrible happens. I also love the questions that get asked. For example, when the 1st and 2nd string quarterback go down in the same week there's always an intrepid reporter willing to ask "Coach, could this be a positive for your team in a way since the opponent next week hasn't seen Joe 3rd Teamer and won't be able to scout him?" Coach: "Uhh, we'd rather have a guy who is actually worth a shit."

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the story somebody posted about the Colts assistant talking about why their second string QB never works with the first team.

"Why would we practice being fucked?"

Draft saved Draft deleted