1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strange names

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GermanKeyser, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The greatest play he ever made was to make people believe he didn't exist.

(BTW, can't believe nobody's made a "unique johnson" joke yet.)

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Once covered a kid named Coke Dick.

He was an offensive lineman.

3. zonazonazona

zonazonazona New Member

Brock Lee
    Wilson Biblehiemer
    Mister Jones

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Obviously he's not American, but I used to cover current Memphis hoops freshman Hippolyte Tsafack. He was listed on the roster under his full name of Hippolyte Ngoufack Tsafack, which is absolutely magnificent.

5. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Fabulous Flournoy and Miracle Fingers were at the same school I covered at the same time. Fab played men's basketball. Miracle played women's basketball. Johnny D. can claim them too, I think.

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

That's Wonderful Terrific Monds, and I think his son (Wonderful III) is a recruit now.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

My high school's football team had a player named Mohammed Mohammed.

8. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

My sister has a sister-in-law who is a retired school principal. There were two girls at her school with the names Asshole (pronounced Ash-oh-lee) and Shithead (pronounced Sha-theed).

9. GermanKeyser

GermanKeyser Member

If that is true, that is the greatest thing ever! Must have been a helluva time for all the substitute teachers.

"Is Asshole here today? How about Shithead?"

"What'd you just call me?!"

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Once met a woman whose name was Shadynasty, pronounced Sha-dynasty. Of course, people were prone to mispronounce it as Shady-nasty.

11. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

I know it sounds like a joke, but it's true. The principal, who was a 12-month employee, managed to see the names before the new school year started. She was in almost in a near panic trying to find someone who might know how to pronounce the names before the new school year started so she could inform school personnel.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Shut the fuck up. That's awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted