1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strange names

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GermanKeyser, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Yup. Had a sister named Krystal Fogg (which, I guess, leads to frost on the roadways?).

2. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

For a magazine I edit, we just used some stock images from a photographer named Yelena Strokin.

As far as we know, she's never appeared in, um, a certain, uh, genre of video anywhere.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Well played.

reformedhack likes this.
  4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My junior college just signed a girl with the first name of Aarmanii.

5. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

Have you ever had two players from different area schools and in different sports with the same names? Just noticed that one last night.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Had two kids, unrelated, with the same first and last names on the same team! Thank the agate gods they had different middle names.

7. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

We had that same scenario a few years ago with a local boys track team. If I remember right, the kids even ran on the same relay.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Had that situation once with two basketball players from rival schools from either side of town. The names were spelled the same, and both were stars for their respective teams.
    It was a hoot trying to write the game story when they played each other.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You should put those images up on opposite walls.

Then it'll be Strokin to the east and Strokin to the west.

Batman and reformedhack like this.
  10. ncdeen

ncdeen Member

I've never seen anything like where I live now. We have two kids who play soccer who are named Xavier, but they don't spell it that way. One spells it Xxavier (yes, two Xs) and the other spells it Xzavior. No joke. Then there's another kid who plays soccer named Godgreat Setoh. One of our best football players is Tru'Self Cooper. The one I really went off on a rant about was the two brothers named Cory and Corey. Really? Why confuse everyone?

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Why not? Not their problem. LOL

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

One football player in our area spells his name Chyl, pronounced Kyle.

Draft saved Draft deleted